I have this old pair of ‘One Star’ sneakers just lying around the house for a couple of months now. It’s not that I don’t like them anymore but I’ve just got the feeling that I already wore them an awfull lot of times. So why not change them a bit so that it looks like I’ve got myself a new pair of shoes. Get those glue guns out of the cupboard!
What do you need?
- a pair of old sneakers
- some glitter (in any color you like, if you are more of a ‘dare devil’ than I am)
- glue (you don’t need special fabric glue, a glue for ‘all materials’ will do)
- a towel to put underneath the shoes (yes! it will get messy)
1. apply some glue to a part of the tip of your sneaker
2. sprinkle the glitter over the glue
3. repeat step 1 and 2 until the whole tip is covered in glitter
4. let it dry for 10 minutes then press the glitter with your finger
5. fill up the gaps by applying glue and sprinkling glitter on top
6. repeat step 4 and then shake off the excess glitter
7. TADAAAh! a whole new pair of shoes (make sure to let the glue dry for another hour or so before actually wearing the shoes, don’t want to lose all your glitter, do you?)
I can’t wait to start wearing my updated sneakers again. Do you have something hanging in your closet that you aren’t wearing anymore or something that you’ve updated yourself? Let me know!