The ones following me on Instagram, will already have noticed that I’m no longer a brunette. I finally went to the hairdresser again and decided it was time for a change, a big one! So after some research, I decided to go for a whiter hairdo. Considering a bright new blonde hairstyle as well? Make sure to read what I’ve discovered when going bleach blonde.
- Make sure to grow out any previously coloured hair, as the bleach products have a different reaction on it. My hair was dyed brown and I had to go back a second time to make sure my ends didn’t look yellow.
- When you have had an ombre hairstyle, you’ll probably need to cut of a substantial part of your ends.
- Get yourself a good hairdresser, one that has already bleached before, preferably a lot!
- The bleach product can hurt when you bleach your roots.
- Your hair will not feel the same afterwards. The texture is likely to be more dry and you’ll have to use a mask every time you wash your locks. I also put in some oil the night before and leave it in while sleeping to make sure my hair gets the care it needs.
- Use shampoo for grey hair – yes it looks purple! I use the L’Oréal Expert Silver shampoo.
- But when your hair is wet or greasy, it will look more yellow anyway. Quick trick: use dry shampoo!
So, are you ready to take a leap of faith?